By Michael Farr, Laurence Shatkin, J. Michael Farr
Read or Download 225 Best Jobs for Baby Boomers PDF
Similar job hunting books
In ultra-modern ultracompetitive task marketplace, your resume wishes the suitable side to face out between a sea of candidates. utilizing strong phrases whilst crafting your resume can suggest the adaptation among getting the interview and getting skipped over. Resume Buzz phrases bargains hundreds and hundreds of phrases and words that assist you upward thrust above the pack and land the most popular jobs.
View Robin Ryan's posts at the Penguin weblog a necessary new activity seek strategy custom-made for individuals over 40- from the writer of 60 Seconds & you are employed! With unemployment hitting all time highs, the over- 40 crowd is suffering to land new jobs. America's most sensible profession counselor bargains her market-tested application that indicates readers the best way to successfully stand out and entice employers amid age discrimination and floods of pageant.
So much profession books talk about particular parts of the occupation, resembling interview concepts and writing an excellent resume. only a few books truly speak about what to do when you "do" get the task. it is crucial that folks deal with their careers. usually, the books that debate occupation administration speak about just a small section of the topic, comparable to time administration.
- The WetFeet Insider Guide to Careers in Biotech and Pharmaceuticals
- Opportunities in child care careers
- Networking Made Easy
- Real-Resumes for Supply & Logistics Jobs
- High impact resumes and letters: how to communicate your qualifications to employers
Extra info for 225 Best Jobs for Baby Boomers
203. 204. 205. 206. 207. 208. 209. qxp 5/17/2006 8:08 AM Page 33 ________________________________The Best Jobs Lists: Jobs with a High Percentage of Baby Boomers The 225 Best Jobs Overall for Baby Boomers Job 210. 211. 212. 213. 214. 215. 216. 217. 218. 219. 220. 221. 222. 223. 224. 225. 274,000 Jobs 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 share 38,000 openings. Jobs 14 and 15 share 71,000 openings. Jobs 16, 17, and 18 share 63,000 openings. Jobs 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, and 28 share 44,000 openings. Jobs 30, 31, and 33 share 59,000 openings.
It’s especially important to understand that the figure of 17,000 job openings represents the total number of job openings for the three jobs. They share this figure—each job is projected to have some fraction of 17,000 job openings, but we don’t know exactly how many. To remind you about how to read these figures, we identify all the jobs that share data in footnotes after each list that contains such jobs. Best Jobs Overall for Baby Boomers: Lists of Jobs with the Highest Pay, Fastest Growth, and Most Openings The four lists that follow are the most important lists in this book.
These jobs can’t be considered “best jobs,” so we excluded them from consideration for this book. We collapsed a number of specialized postsecondary education jobs into one title. The government database we used for the job titles and descriptions included 38 job titles for postsecondary educators, yet the data source we used for growth and number of openings provided data only for the more general job of Teachers, Postsecondary. To make our lists more useful, we included only one listing—Teachers, Postsecondary— rather than separate listings for each specialized postsecondary education job.
225 Best Jobs for Baby Boomers by Michael Farr, Laurence Shatkin, J. Michael Farr